Wednesday, December 9, 2009

OBJECT/RUNWAY: FEBRUARY, 2010


I am getting my sewing machine warmed up ... and working on some sketches for this very fun event happening in February. I guess the judge is from this season Project Runway - Christopher Straub. I don't have a tv ... so I have never seen the show.

I think type will definitely be involved in my little piece. I am looking for a model though ....

THE CHALLENGE IS TO MAKE WEARABLE WORKS OF ART. CLOTHING SHOULD FIT INTO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES/THEMES:

IMPRINT (use magazines, newspapers, newspaper bags or other)
GRAPHIC (graphic design-inspired, letters, drawing-inspired or other)
SURVIVAL (& the Great Outdoors)
EVENING
MILITARY-INSPIRED
BUTTONS
FOOD
REMADE OR RECYCLED
BIG, WILD LIFE
APPROPRIATION (open to interpretation)
ENTWINED (rope, string, ribbon, or other)
VALENTINE
WEATHERED
THEN & NOW / TRADITION & INNOVATION
MUSIC
ANYTHING GOES

Awards will be offered to winners. Open to 5 entries per artist.
All works will be on exhibit at the International Gallery of Contemporary Art from February 7 - 28.

No comments: