I am getting my sewing machine warmed up ... and working on some sketches for this very fun event happening in February. I guess the judge is from this season Project Runway - Christopher Straub. I don't have a tv ... so I have never seen the show.
I think type will definitely be involved in my little piece. I am looking for a model though ....
THE CHALLENGE IS TO MAKE WEARABLE WORKS OF ART. CLOTHING SHOULD FIT INTO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES/THEMES:
• IMPRINT (use magazines, newspapers, newspaper bags or other)
• GRAPHIC (graphic design-inspired, letters, drawing-inspired or other)
• SURVIVAL (& the Great Outdoors)
• REMADE OR RECYCLED
• BIG, WILD LIFE
• APPROPRIATION (open to interpretation)
• ENTWINED (rope, string, ribbon, or other)
• THEN & NOW / TRADITION & INNOVATION
• ANYTHING GOES
Awards will be offered to winners. Open to 5 entries per artist.
All works will be on exhibit at the International Gallery of Contemporary Art from February 7 - 28.